Thursday, 10 May 2012

Late-night live

I had my first TV interview with Channel 10's Breakfast show yesterday. Channel 10 is based in Australia, so I had to go down to the Pacific Television Center in London at 23:10 08:10 over there in order to do a live broadcast. I had a mic on my collar and an earpiece to hear the presenters. I was a tad nervous but the staff at PacTV really put me at ease, and by the time I went on air I was  hopefully  fairly composed! Having dragged myself out of bed at 06:00, I was also too tired to be nervous. You can see the interview here if you live in Oz.

I'm starting an initial edit of The Bone Season with Bloomsbury on Tuesday afternoon. I've been going over the manuscript making red marks, so it currently looks more like one of my old Maths papers than a novel *shudder*. I'm very excited to have the expert eyes of Alexandra Pringle and Alexa von Hirschberg on it.

A couple of people have said via Twitter that they'd like to ask me some questions about writing. I don't give out my email address online, but I can answer any questions via this blog. If you wish to remain anonymous, don't worry: I won't publish the comment or reveal who asked the question. 

Samantha

11 comments:

  1. It's a fab interview and you looked gorgeous. I have serious hair envy.

    Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha,
    I work in development at Graham King's GK Films. Apologies for the tactless mode of communication but would love to be in touch with you as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me at our Los Angeles office phone #: 310.315.1722 or on my work email at: aisraelson@gk-films.com. Congrats on BONE SEASON and look forward to speaking!
    Best,
    Ally Israelson
    GK Films

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ally - you should contact Kirsty Mclachlan at David Godwin Associates, who represent me: kirsty@davidgodwinassociates.co.uk.

      Samantha

      Delete
  3. Gutted I can't watch it because of my location, it says the video isn't available in the UK!
    Also, I was wondering if you would mind me asking you some interview style questions for my blog (if you might not mind answering by email?)
    Good luck with your edits, exciting times! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Briony - interview requests have to go through Bloomsbury first: katie.bond@bloomsbury.com.
      Thanks so much for commenting! I'm in the process of trying to record the interview video on my computer.
      x

      Delete
  4. I saw the interview on television. You were really nervous. Wish you all the best. Can't wait to read when it comes out. There's definitely a lot of hype

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I wish I lived in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cant wait to see the interview. Many congratulations on your first live interview. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just can't wait till september 2013 :'(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of wishes. I definitely look forward to reading your works!!! Keep your dedication!! :)

    ReplyDelete