Saturday, 10 November 2012

Quick update

The Bone Season has sold in Thai

The Post Publishing Public Company Limited, Bangkok


Just a quick update this week. It's code red on editing at the moment: I've got two weeks to wrap up the last of them and get the finished manuscript to Bloomsbury. I also have to finish my Emily Dickinson coursework by early December. I know it's been a long time coming, but it's scary to think I won't be able to touch The Bone Season once this last round is done! The good thing is that the MS is looking really good. I've added some new scenes I love. We're on track for proofs to go out around December, so the cover should definitely be released in time for Christmas!

Thanks to everyone that wished me a happy 21st birthday on Thursday. I had a wonderful day – my friends and family spoiled me rotten, and the team at Bloomsbury sent me some lovely gifts, as well as a gorgeous card based on the cover of The Bone Season. I have the best publishers! And, er, it's not every day you get birthday flowers from Andy Serkis and Jonathan Cavendish.

I'll be back to questions after the edits are finished.  

10 comments:

  1. You really had a wonderful birthday! ^^ Good luck with the last edits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the final round of edits - hoorah! Do you think you'll be relieved to finally put it behind you? And when will you begin to write the next book in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already started writing the second one! The first draft is about 50% done. I'll be continuing with it properly once I've finished my degree.

      Delete
  3. Have any of the publishing companies mentioned whether or not the title will change when published in other languages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't yet, no - they're waiting for me to finish the final edit before they begin their translations. I'll be interested to see how they do it, as 'The Bone Season' has two meanings in English.

      Delete
    2. Multilingual puns are great. Joyce would be so proud.

      Delete
    3. Just thinking of all the trouble they had with 'The Importance of Being Earnest'. Very difficult to make that pun work in translation.

      Delete
  4. Squee for Thai rights and your awesome birthday! You're almost at the 250 day mark :) Cover reveal time must be getting closer. Good luck with your final edits & Emily Dickinson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited for the cover reveal.

      Delete